Skip to main content

Emotion is evolved, its relation with emotional intelligence

Emotion is an innate ability, as proposed by Evolutionary Psychology for survival and reproduction. Specific emotion elicited to solve adaptive problems in the environment. Example: Disgust is a mechanism to reduce possibility of contamination and inflection in order to survive and reproduce.

There is 2 types of emotions: Non self conscious emotions and self conscious emotions.

What is the difference between them? Non self conscious emotions are emotions that most of the human or mammalian species unable to control of, it will be elicited by external stimulation. For example, anger, fear, surprise, disgust and etc. "Yuck, it is smelly" It is an instant response when you smell something disgusted. You're hardly can hide those emotions.

Self-conscious emotions are controllable, because it involves cognitive reprocesses. Example: price, envy, shame, guilt and etc. We will consciously aware of our emotions in relation to self, others, society and others.


Emotion is always associated with emotional intelligence, how well you maintain and control your emotion, also towards others. People that highly poor in emotional intelligence are more likely to have emotional pathologies such as depression and anxiety.

I believe that no matter how high your emotional intelligence is, you also have the potential to outburst. If you are easily anxious, the chance to outburst is even higher. If the person talks softly to you, it is unlikely you are angry toward her/him and vice versa.

Emotion can be hide or can be shown vary in situation. Essentially, emotion is highly value in any context especially social relationship. Emotional outburst is not the appropriate solution for problem, but it is always happen when there is lack of consensus over the issue.

Emotion, nonetheless is the most powerful tool, which is odorless and toxic-less. It's in our body, intrudes our cognition, and maintains/disrupts our behavior. Be careful!

Hui Ru

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

房间

锁在房间里,自己一个人的空间。。 享受着自己的气味。。 房间,是我逃避的避难所。。 小时候,我会在黑漆漆的房间哭泣。。 让眼泪自由的掉落, 不敢痛快地哭,因为会被骂。。 会把自己藏在被单里默默的哭泣 所以,只有我的床能够感觉到温温的湿度。。 也许,这是从小养成的习惯, 长大了,还是觉得房间是我的私人空间。。 因为,房间才能让我把情绪抒发。。 特别是负面的情绪。。 现在,有股冲动, 不想出门,只想待在房间里。。 就算发呆。。 我想,与世隔绝。。 只是与亲近的人联络。。 逃避自己。。 不想面对自己。。
Recently learnt about emotion triangle, it said human tends to suppress core emotion, and manifested as either a defense or inhibitory emotion. The emotion that we tends to inhibit are shame, guilt ... There are fear and inferiority that governs my heart - I have to learn to address and admit my feelings better, and make a decision to communicate or set a boundary. It is hard to actually do so, and I know after I have done it - I can sense my guilt and shame. It is like a vicious cycle.  I have to make a promise to myself - be mindful, be steady and let my head clears. Don't react much...But at the same times I am glad that I did say something. I did express myself. I did feeling less intense. I treated it as a progress.  Anyway I felt sorry of the people that I hurt - when I am still a human with sin...

失眠

辗转难眠,睡不好,又睡不着。。 少了风扇的旋转,地板还是冰冷的。。 我的手,也是。。 冰冷的手,为何没有冰冷的心呢? 脑袋特别的清醒,但是却给了我一双疲惫的眼睛。。 事情总是没有两全其美, 我要入眠,却失眠了。。 我要头脑简单,却更复杂了。。 我要。。却得到不要。。 没想到,嗜好就是睡觉的我,也会失眠。。 失眠并不好受,有理由的失眠更加的不好受。。 理由,这也许更本并不是一个理由。。 死脑袋,又发生故障。。 让我睡吧,我不要有头脑,我不要有思绪,我不要有情感。。 原来,失眠就是这样。。