Skip to main content

Flying to "Pound" land

13th September 2010 on 7.30pm, she flied to pound land alone. She took Emirates, and managed to hold 2 tickets - Kuala Lumpur to Dubai and Dubai to London. Expectedly, she didn't manage to hold her tears, her tears dropping like pipe water.

She wiped off her tears, took the train, checked in, and finally sat in Emirates. The seat wasn't comfortable, she can't fall into sleep. It was like a year in the plane, wondering when did the plane could land in. You You, my beloved bear forced to bear with my sticking and teary face all the time. He accompanied me throughout the suffering trip.

She managed to reach Dubai at 10.20pm, which is 3.20am in Ringgit land. She got to wait for 4 hours in this superb airport. She spotted an empty area, she sat down and luckily was able to surf internet. Most importantly, her beloved pal accompanied her, called her and sms her throughout the journey.

She got no extra energy to walk around in the airport. After a while, she felt asleep on You You. A long waiting day, finally at 2.30am, which is 7.30am in Malaysia she managed to depart to pound land.

Carried with exhausted body, she slept non-stop. She finally can catch up some sleep. However, she did not enjoy at all. She knew this is a one way ticket.

7am on 14th Sept 01, which is 2pm in ringgit land - the Emirated arrived pound land. It took 2 hours to clear my visa and collect my luggage. She still got to wait for 2 hours for coach to fetch her to her university in Plymouth.

My first spending in pound was in London airport. I got myself a bar of chocolate, a bottle of water and a sandwich. Conversion made me hesitated to spend.

The weather was alright, roughly 16'c. She felt pleasant with the temperature, but again had to travel for another 4 hours. The whole journey she felt she was still in Malaysia due to the greenish scenery, as can be seen in Malaysia except the land of lamb and cows.

Couple of hours later, she saw the signboard of city centre. The city is beautiful, buildings with bricks and stones. She managed to reach University of Plymouth at 4pm (11pm in Msia). Settled down at roughly 7pm (2am).

It was such a long days for her. She has phobia to flight/travel for hours.

Gladly, she came with love, support and encouragement. She felt sorry for letting families and friends worried about her. She posted status in facebook, perhaps she was lonely and needed attention. She was touched by fantastic response from people.

Especially my family are the one giving me full support. Thank you very much.


My flight tickets

Pence and Pound I collected after each payment.
I am still unable to recognize them well.

My lovely You You
Presented by my beloved pal

O2 - the best mobile network in UK
Top up with 10pound, will have 50min free international call

She came with blessing. Her sister's friend has given her the best help in this pound land.

Thanks to God, for your kind and wonderful blessing.

Hui Ru

Comments

  1. it's definately not a one-way ticket. I am looking forward to see you someday next year! :)

    hope you'll be doing great over the pound land! jiayou! :)

    miss u tonnes and heaps! *love

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Beloved Dear...

    You are not going alone and that is definitely not a one way ticket...

    Love You One Way...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to train your dragon (Movie)

If you said it is a waste to watch animation or cartoon in cinema, I will reject your idea. Firstly, most of the animation strongly project good moral ethics or values for the reference of audiences especially children. During the childhood, children ought to differentiate the right and the wrong distinctively, neither grey area nor in between. Value always serves as a guideline for us to oblige, not a compulsory because decision is still lied in the hand of human. This movie secretly intruded my deepen heart. It talked about relationship, a bond between dragon and human. The main character, Hiccup chose to save the night fury (dragon) because he saw the fear from its eye. Even a human, we got attracted or closer with people who are similar to us because we feel we able to understand each other better compared to differences. The flow of movie discussed the process of rejection, acceptance, understand and devotion in a relationship. When we are just a stranger for each other, we are re

Handmade ART

Handmade is one of my interest since young. I love art which includes drawing, coloring, making cards and etc. I used to make cards for my friends during secondary school times. Now, I seldom did due to lack of time. It takes time to complete an art work. Thus, I only do when I am free. After reading other people blog, I felt like putting my handmade artwork in my blog..just want to reflect my memory.. Too bad, I did not take photos of my art piece last time. I only left 2 with me..So..have a look.. "Lion" - bookmark Underwater world

Am I supposed to conform?

Conform to the rules because you have no choice over it. You conform, because you believe in it. For example, bible, quran or Buddhist book. Religious people are practicing those rules and might apply it into real life situation. What if you are conform to it due to the other restriction? Today I went to one of the universities in Malaysia. Majority of students are Islamic students. I am not allowed to enter due to my dress code. I wore decently, with a pant which length almost to the ankle. I had been rejected to enter the library because their rule is your dress code must be more than ankle. I respect your dress code. But, It isn't a bit unreasonable to just stop me from entering. I did not know about the dress code before that. At least, give us a chance. We came from so far just want to get journals out from your library, why can't the person talked or told us nicely? What is the purpose you divide the seat far away from male to female. People are not following. What if you