Skip to main content

Collectivism

Human has the fundamental need to feel connected to social world. In another word, no man is an island. Family members, friends, colleagues and others are creatures that live in this social world. Thus, our world is never to be alone.

Everyone is unique, we are wonderful art piece by God. Uniqueness makes everyone has their own charisma that attracts the others. Attraction could be either positive or negative. Positive attraction could help both parties to feel much more connected to one another. However, negative attraction might hinder both parties to become one step closer.

How about family members? Do we feel comfortable or connected to every single family members that we have? Rarely it happened. It doesn't mean that we do not have the ability to improve the relationship. In the kinship, It is even harder to deal with once conflict or argument occurs. We can't simply abandon our family members, and also we are reluctant to speak it frankly to one another. Thus, the conflict is always hide within our heart. Old proverb said, "paper is not able to cover the fire". Yes indeed. It will be brought out one day, perhaps it is under force.

Chinese culture - respect elderly without any questioning or doubt about their actions or thoughts. We have been taught to be fit into the culture. But, we are getting mature when we grow up. We gain experience and knowledge day by day. We started to have different value, and we adopt our own style of culture. It might be hard to let others accept WHO YOU ARE instantly, but one day they will accept it.

We are independent, we are as a whole even though we need to feel connected to others. We have our own perception, emotion and also behaviors. We can't please everyone to accept who we are, but we also cannot afford to deviate from the norms. In my opinion, extraordinary could be acceptable unless it is something beneficial or healthy. Anything that goes toward bad or delinquent toward self or others, It is hardly to be accepted in this society.

I agreed with what my friend said. Action speaks louder than words, however words that you speak could be detrimental to others. Words could be a weapon that break someone's heart. Think wisely before we speaks. Criticism is hard to be digested, thus it needs to be done constructively. Receiving criticism from others is ain't bad, it actually means that It is an advice from you to become a better one.

Direct or directly criticism has to be in nice and polite manner. No excuse is entertained once you words already hurt the other people. It is not for you to self-blaming, but It is a reminder for us not to repeat the action.

Survival of the nicest - the new theory introduced by Professor Sam Bowles, defines as kindness is the cornerstone for the human race prospered as a species. Be kind to ourselves, and be kind to others. We don't want to be hurt, thus we also don't hurt others.


Hui Ru

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to train your dragon (Movie)

If you said it is a waste to watch animation or cartoon in cinema, I will reject your idea. Firstly, most of the animation strongly project good moral ethics or values for the reference of audiences especially children. During the childhood, children ought to differentiate the right and the wrong distinctively, neither grey area nor in between. Value always serves as a guideline for us to oblige, not a compulsory because decision is still lied in the hand of human. This movie secretly intruded my deepen heart. It talked about relationship, a bond between dragon and human. The main character, Hiccup chose to save the night fury (dragon) because he saw the fear from its eye. Even a human, we got attracted or closer with people who are similar to us because we feel we able to understand each other better compared to differences. The flow of movie discussed the process of rejection, acceptance, understand and devotion in a relationship. When we are just a stranger for each other, we are re

Handmade ART

Handmade is one of my interest since young. I love art which includes drawing, coloring, making cards and etc. I used to make cards for my friends during secondary school times. Now, I seldom did due to lack of time. It takes time to complete an art work. Thus, I only do when I am free. After reading other people blog, I felt like putting my handmade artwork in my blog..just want to reflect my memory.. Too bad, I did not take photos of my art piece last time. I only left 2 with me..So..have a look.. "Lion" - bookmark Underwater world

My volcano

My inner volcano has exploded without notification I am unable to control this inactive volcano, it was suppressed for long times It was my fault for keeping it secretly It was also my mistake of losing control My self is completely so different that my ideal image I am an evil who is pretty much selfish My emotion is ultimately much more important than others A sin that I committed I hate it