Skip to main content

Umai-Ya, Japanese Restaurant

Since my sister and I are Japanese food lovers, we decided to eat Japanese food for our dinner after 3 hours trip back from hometown. This restaurant is located nearby her house, around Damansara area, is called Umai-Ya restaurant.

This restaurant is surrounded by a lot of bussiness centre, and I think main customers are come from working staffs. The first moment we passed through the entrance, the place is quite dim and both of us assuming that the business is not good because none of the bussiness centre operated at night, thus no working staffs will be having their meal here.

I like the logo of the restaurant, especially when the light is on. It appeared positive to me due to the bright color of the wording. Personal bias, I cant help :P.

This restaurant will open for 7 days in a week. But, we have to look carefully on the business hour. 2.30pm till 6pm is their break time, so be careful not to visit them during this time. If not, you will have to cancel, and choose another restaurant which might not be your desire.

In fact, their business is quite good. When both of us stepped into the restaurant, we only realised that the place is quite crowded with customers. The seating of the restaurant is quite comfortable. The main design of the restaurant is focused on wooden material. It gave me a little bit of mysterious feeling due to the dim lighting. They used yellow light lamp to make the place appeared more romantic.

Apparently, I felt the place is slightly hot, due to the yellow light lamp. Sitting in a "cabin", is definitely could be a suitable chit chatting place with your friends. While waiting for the food to serve, you can also read some of the newspapers and magazine provided on the shelf.

Both of us like to experience new sensation in food, hence we choose those dishes that we never ate before. This is the 2nd time we visited this restaurant, so it showed that it is definitely worth trying.

Ebi Ninniku Yaki is a dish of prawn with special sauce. We love this. They grilled the prawn, the sauce tasted like mayanoise. So you can imagine grilled prawn with mayanoise has increased my appetite. The prawn is very fresh, and the its texture is soft.

Garlic rice tasted good. The rice is not sticky, and the garlic smell is not too strong. The rice smells fragnant. I like Japanese rice because the rice is presented as dry, and rice is not stick to one another.
Kanpachi Sashimi is our 2nd order of sashimi. The first plate (salmon sashimi) I forgot to take the photo because too eager to eat already. My sis likes sashimi, so she cannot control her urge to order another 1. This time we choose Kanpachi (Amber Jack) sashimi. I got no favour toward sashimi, because I found it too raw. But, this time I truly enjoyed it. It is not fishy (smell), but very fresh. The piece is quite thick, when you put the whole piece inside your mouth, you can feel the fish melting in the mouth. I like to dig with soya sauce and a little bit of wasabi, it added on the taste.

If I dont order cawanmushi each time I dine in Japanese restaurant, then It is not me. I love cawanmushi - steamed egg. Here served a better cawanmushi compared to other sushi restaurants. They added in more ingredients, and the egg is smoother. I love it.

Lastly, we ordered a long plate of sushi which served 2 people. 2 of us actually ordered quite a number of dishes, so when came to sushi we already super full. The sushi here tasted very different from other places. The packaging is very important, I believe. They presented the sushi is a very authetic way, but frankly the sushi here is more high quality.

Most importantly, how about the price? The price range is basically RM20 above for meal, hence be prepared to spend around RM50 if you want to try more dishes here. Worth trying..

Hui Ru

Comments

  1. Hmm, in damansara perdana

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-3A, The Place, Jalan PJU 8/5D
    Bandar Damansara Perdana
    Petaling Jaya
    Tel: 03-77290015

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to train your dragon (Movie)

If you said it is a waste to watch animation or cartoon in cinema, I will reject your idea. Firstly, most of the animation strongly project good moral ethics or values for the reference of audiences especially children. During the childhood, children ought to differentiate the right and the wrong distinctively, neither grey area nor in between. Value always serves as a guideline for us to oblige, not a compulsory because decision is still lied in the hand of human. This movie secretly intruded my deepen heart. It talked about relationship, a bond between dragon and human. The main character, Hiccup chose to save the night fury (dragon) because he saw the fear from its eye. Even a human, we got attracted or closer with people who are similar to us because we feel we able to understand each other better compared to differences. The flow of movie discussed the process of rejection, acceptance, understand and devotion in a relationship. When we are just a stranger for each other, we are re

Handmade ART

Handmade is one of my interest since young. I love art which includes drawing, coloring, making cards and etc. I used to make cards for my friends during secondary school times. Now, I seldom did due to lack of time. It takes time to complete an art work. Thus, I only do when I am free. After reading other people blog, I felt like putting my handmade artwork in my blog..just want to reflect my memory.. Too bad, I did not take photos of my art piece last time. I only left 2 with me..So..have a look.. "Lion" - bookmark Underwater world

My volcano

My inner volcano has exploded without notification I am unable to control this inactive volcano, it was suppressed for long times It was my fault for keeping it secretly It was also my mistake of losing control My self is completely so different that my ideal image I am an evil who is pretty much selfish My emotion is ultimately much more important than others A sin that I committed I hate it