Skip to main content

Tanjung Sepat & Sepang Gold Coast

Initially, we only planned to go Sepang Gold Coast, also called as Bagan Lalang Beach which located at the strait of Malacca, Sepang. It is a half developed place, whereas more development need to be made in order to attact more tourists. It took us around 1 and half hour from KL till Sepang (you may follow this location map: http://wikitravel.org/en/Bagan_Lalang). After doing research through google, we found out that Bagan Lalang is very nearby Tanjung Sepat, which only 2o minutes away, hence we decided to have Tanjung Sepat + Sepang Gold Coast a day trip.

The sea water definitely is not clean, is quite polluted. It is a good place to stroll around especially for family, couples or friends. Wind wasn't that strong, our kite can't even stay on sky for 5 minutes, so it is kind of disappointing. However, I like the white and smooth sand. I love stepping on sand, and playing some childhood game on sand. I always had a dream to collect seashell on the beach, catching crabs, building castles and etc. But, my dream still remained as dream. But, we discovered a jelly-typed of dead creature or organism floating on the sea. Initially, we were scared. Out of curiosity, we tried to move it but it was too heavy and the identity yet to be discovered.

How to get to Tanjung Sepat? It is kind of simple. Followed the map above, we followed Sg Pelek road, and we saw the sign board of Bagan Lalang, we supposed to turn right, but we don't turn in. We go straight all the way, around 20 minutes and Tanjung Sepat signboard will be on the left side.

So, what is it so special about Tanjung Sepat? Ok, first we visited Joo Ha Coffee Trading. It is located at Lorong 5. This is not really a shop, the boss fully utilized his left over space beside his house to make coffee. He fries the coffee bean, and make the coffee powder. Initially, we wasn't treated warmthly because we are only 2 people. Discimination happened once you are not coming in a big group. Why? Because they only want to sell more their products. Luckily, the boss is there. He is nice toward us, explained the types of coffee bean, showed us the tree, and told us about history. Although a bit long gas, we appreciated his friendliness toward us.
What is the famous in Lorong 4? They are very famous of bun. Hai Yew Heng, basically already sell off their bun very early, and you have to reserve buns if you would like to taste. We bought few buns, as compared to others who ordered 30, 50, 100 buns per day, we are really the most valueless customer for them. I had tried Mei Cai Bun and Sheng Rou bun. Mei Cai Bun was quite special for me, first time tasted mei cai in a bun. The taste is acceptable, it will be the best served with some chili sauce. Sheng Rou bun was not bad too. The texture of the bun is soft, and normally they take buns with a cup of coffee.

Later on, we proceed to mushroom's farm. Agotech is the name of the company. They combined a homestay service for visitors, a mini market for their product, and a farm beside the shop. They grow numerous types of mushroom, I think around 5-7 types. The most special 1 will be ling zhi. First time visited mushroom farm, and got to know the way how mushroom is grow.

Again, I found people in Tanjung Sepat are really keen in selling. They are good seller, but sometimes their approach is too active and direct. In addition, most of the shop are printed all the news or articles about them, and pasted it on their board. They put it as a promotion for them. For example, some shop are printed a big poster of them taken with Xiang Jia Xian. It is the way they market customers. Honest speaking, Tanjung Sepat has lots of food or things can buy.

The most rewarding event of the day is to enjoy a nice seafood dinner. We went to Ocen Seafood restaurant, which is located beside Lover's Bridge. We are lucky to meet a very helpful uncle who guide us the way to go to this restaurant.

We love the food there, especially steamed food. Their seafood is fresh. Both of us have gigantic stomach to finish 4 dishes which I thought all the dishes will come with small portion. I was wrong. This meal can serve 3-4 people. I got a bit disappointed with claypot toufu, it was a bit plain.

We walked a bit on the lover's bridge. We dare not go far because it was too dark. It was around 10pm after we finished our meal.

I just love the breeze from the ocean, and the sound of the sea waves. It made me truly indulged. It was so delighted and enjoyable to have a trip with a friend.


Hui Ru

Comments

  1. Nice pictures and descriptions you have there Hui Ru!!! You really know how to discover nice places in Malaysia huh? Don't care.. I wanna join you next time.. huhuhu.. provided that I wont be the lamp post to u both lovely couple :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aduh..i went with friend..she is a girl..haha..then she is my lovely couple lol..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, just a question...getting around in tanjung sepat...is it enough to cover the town with walking or some mode of transport would be preferable?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can walk around by foot in town. But if you want to go for seafood or mushroom factory, preferable you go with some form of transport.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to train your dragon (Movie)

If you said it is a waste to watch animation or cartoon in cinema, I will reject your idea. Firstly, most of the animation strongly project good moral ethics or values for the reference of audiences especially children. During the childhood, children ought to differentiate the right and the wrong distinctively, neither grey area nor in between. Value always serves as a guideline for us to oblige, not a compulsory because decision is still lied in the hand of human. This movie secretly intruded my deepen heart. It talked about relationship, a bond between dragon and human. The main character, Hiccup chose to save the night fury (dragon) because he saw the fear from its eye. Even a human, we got attracted or closer with people who are similar to us because we feel we able to understand each other better compared to differences. The flow of movie discussed the process of rejection, acceptance, understand and devotion in a relationship. When we are just a stranger for each other, we are re

Handmade ART

Handmade is one of my interest since young. I love art which includes drawing, coloring, making cards and etc. I used to make cards for my friends during secondary school times. Now, I seldom did due to lack of time. It takes time to complete an art work. Thus, I only do when I am free. After reading other people blog, I felt like putting my handmade artwork in my blog..just want to reflect my memory.. Too bad, I did not take photos of my art piece last time. I only left 2 with me..So..have a look.. "Lion" - bookmark Underwater world

Am I supposed to conform?

Conform to the rules because you have no choice over it. You conform, because you believe in it. For example, bible, quran or Buddhist book. Religious people are practicing those rules and might apply it into real life situation. What if you are conform to it due to the other restriction? Today I went to one of the universities in Malaysia. Majority of students are Islamic students. I am not allowed to enter due to my dress code. I wore decently, with a pant which length almost to the ankle. I had been rejected to enter the library because their rule is your dress code must be more than ankle. I respect your dress code. But, It isn't a bit unreasonable to just stop me from entering. I did not know about the dress code before that. At least, give us a chance. We came from so far just want to get journals out from your library, why can't the person talked or told us nicely? What is the purpose you divide the seat far away from male to female. People are not following. What if you