Skip to main content

Orphan - Movie

I have heard few friends who urged me to watch Orphan. They strongly recommanded, and all said nice. Out of blue moon with spontanoues plan, our movie deal for next week has brought forward to yesterday. We decided to watch Orphan since there is no much choice for us.

It has been few years back, when I used to watch scary or ghost movies. Quite some times I have stopped watching these genres of movie. I was excited, because I gonna watch scary movie during the July 15th according to chinese calendar (so called Ghost month). Alright, back to my personal viewpoint about Orphan.


The storyline was awesome. The audience weren't expect that a young little 9 years old girl, Esther was a 33 years old lady, called Leena. Esther has a disorder called hypopituatalism. This disorder has caused her unable to grow, and always remain a childlike body. In addition, she is psychotic, so called antisocial personality disorder (my own interpretation).

She is the representative of Devil force, whereas Max, a deaf-mute girl is the representative of Angel force. Esther was adopted by Kate and John who lost their unborn child. They wanted to give the love of their unborn child to an adopted child, Esther. Kate and John have 2 kids, Daniel and Max.

The devil force is ruling Esther's mind, soul and heart. She is extraordinary violence, manipulative, cruel and self tortured in order to get her plan succeed. Nonetheless, she willing to do anything even killing to seduce guy, the new target is John.

Everyone know that Esther is a bad person in the family except John. Esther is pretending as a sweet and adorable girl in front of John, and she could be a mean or threatening personality in front of others especially Kate.

Max, she knew all the bad deed caused by Esther. She kept the secret of Esther, because she wanted to protect her mum from being killed by Esther. She drew everything in the paper. It is not the matter of how well you draw, drawing is a form of therapy or a form of reflection of your feeling and thought. We can tell story from drawing.

Max, she showed her exceptional courage when she realised Esther started to harm her family members. The first was Daniel when Daniel discovered that she killed Sister Abigail. 1st attempt failed to kill when Max pushed Esther away, and the brick didnt fall on Daniel. 2nd attempt was in hospital, when she tried to cover Daniel with pillow, and caused him stop breathing. Luckily, he was saved.

Esther, finally got the chance to seduce her dad, John. She dressed up like a woman with thick make-up. Her rage has lost control when John rejected her. She can't control anymore, and her real self has uncovered. She killed John without any guilt.

She is a heartless killer. I m happy with the ending, when she was dead, and Max and Kate were alive after her chasing. This movie uses a lot of sound effect that mislead audience, but is a good trick. My heart beat tended to become irregular, because I dislike killing scene with lots of blood flowing..

This movie is able to train the mentality of human. People tend to ignore or not believe once a person possess mental disorder. They tried to cover up, and claimed that they are not. People are not wanting to admit their mistake, and how about to admit whether they have mental disorder? In addition, people around them also not aware of the issue, and delaying the treatment.

When they have been told that "Your daugther has depression". The first answer is "no, she isn't" There is still social stigma to accept people with mental disorder. They believe that they are mad, and better to stay away from them. It is wrong in fact. They are just sick due to their mental, and they will be cure if they get enough support and care.

Everyone has their own past, some of them have terrible past history. Past is the cause of present. What we behave right now, could be caused by certain factors such as family background, child traumatized events, phobia and so on. Learn to know the past history, is the way to get to know the person.

There is always have an ending in the movie. It it isn't, then it might not able to satisfy the audience. Unless real life, it might take forever to take a story to the end. Movie is a way for us to fast forward our movement, to have an imaginative idea of the problem. Without those, we might be freak out when we are involving ourselves in a totally unknown or unpredictive reality.

Movie is always bringing some moral values and reality. It gives me few questions to think..
"How do we help those people with psychotic disorder?"
"How do we protect ourselves from being harm?"
"How do we have courage to defect the bad?"
"How do we judge people, if isn't from its cover?"
"How do we differentiate good from bad, or bad from good?"

This movie is a very good inspiration for psychology major. I pondered, what I have learned in class, is indeed a tiny ant. I realised my knowledge is too little. In reality, there is lots of different cases, and how we diagnose what kind of disorders, indeed very difficult.

I guess I should read more and more from now..


Hui Ru

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to train your dragon (Movie)

If you said it is a waste to watch animation or cartoon in cinema, I will reject your idea. Firstly, most of the animation strongly project good moral ethics or values for the reference of audiences especially children. During the childhood, children ought to differentiate the right and the wrong distinctively, neither grey area nor in between. Value always serves as a guideline for us to oblige, not a compulsory because decision is still lied in the hand of human. This movie secretly intruded my deepen heart. It talked about relationship, a bond between dragon and human. The main character, Hiccup chose to save the night fury (dragon) because he saw the fear from its eye. Even a human, we got attracted or closer with people who are similar to us because we feel we able to understand each other better compared to differences. The flow of movie discussed the process of rejection, acceptance, understand and devotion in a relationship. When we are just a stranger for each other, we are re

Handmade ART

Handmade is one of my interest since young. I love art which includes drawing, coloring, making cards and etc. I used to make cards for my friends during secondary school times. Now, I seldom did due to lack of time. It takes time to complete an art work. Thus, I only do when I am free. After reading other people blog, I felt like putting my handmade artwork in my blog..just want to reflect my memory.. Too bad, I did not take photos of my art piece last time. I only left 2 with me..So..have a look.. "Lion" - bookmark Underwater world

My volcano

My inner volcano has exploded without notification I am unable to control this inactive volcano, it was suppressed for long times It was my fault for keeping it secretly It was also my mistake of losing control My self is completely so different that my ideal image I am an evil who is pretty much selfish My emotion is ultimately much more important than others A sin that I committed I hate it