Skip to main content

Restoran Ole Sayang, Malacca

Baba referred to guy, whereas nyonya referred to female. Baba Nyonya derived from union between chinese (non-local) and local malay.

My grandma's mum was a nyonya. Thus, my mother able to learn some nyonya dishes from my grandma. I didn't know the food that I used to love are a kind of nyonya food, till I grew up.

Came to Malacca, definitely got to try some local cuisine apart from visiting historical sites. Nyonya food is one of the choices that you should't miss.

My brother decided to bring us to try on this restaurant. Frankly, I wasn't attracted by the design, it wasn't catchy. Since my brother recommended it, we went for it.

亲切 could refer as hospitality or friendly. However, the waitress didn't seem very friendly to us. The reason could be it was almost their off time, and also the restaurant was crowded with people.


After waited quite some time, our food finally being served. The portion was quite small, to serve 6 of us. We had to order more dishes.

I love rice to be prepared with pandan leaf. It increased the fragrance of rice. It tasted more delicious.

Cha cai - mixture of vegetables. The main vegetable is cabbage. Personally, I like this dish. The vegetable was soft, and easily chewed.

Fried egg tasted normal. My style of eating fried egg is to put on some sweet soya sauce. It made the egg yummy.

Sambal prawn was normal too. The prawns' size is small, and the sambal was not spicy.

Pong Teh with chicken was good. The sauce was gravy and chicken was tender. But, it was a bit salty for me. It is my favorite dish since young, my mum can cook well too.

Salted duck soup. The meat was soft, but the soup was kinda salty.

The asam fish's sauce is worth trying. But I disliked the fish with so much of bones.

Otak-otak, specialty of Muar. We ordered it, it tasted delicious.

Last but not least, the cendol wasn't up to expectation. It was too sweet. The red bean and the green grass weren't seemed fresh.

The bill came with RM160++. We found it too expensive, and not really worth it. The food quality is normal and food portion is small. The ambience is still not bad.

Anyway, here it goes the address

Taman Melaka Raya, Melaka
198-199, Taman Melaka Raya,
75000 Melaka

Off on Wednesday

11.30-2.30pm and 6.00-9.30pm

Hui Ru

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to train your dragon (Movie)

If you said it is a waste to watch animation or cartoon in cinema, I will reject your idea. Firstly, most of the animation strongly project good moral ethics or values for the reference of audiences especially children. During the childhood, children ought to differentiate the right and the wrong distinctively, neither grey area nor in between. Value always serves as a guideline for us to oblige, not a compulsory because decision is still lied in the hand of human. This movie secretly intruded my deepen heart. It talked about relationship, a bond between dragon and human. The main character, Hiccup chose to save the night fury (dragon) because he saw the fear from its eye. Even a human, we got attracted or closer with people who are similar to us because we feel we able to understand each other better compared to differences. The flow of movie discussed the process of rejection, acceptance, understand and devotion in a relationship. When we are just a stranger for each other, we are re

Handmade ART

Handmade is one of my interest since young. I love art which includes drawing, coloring, making cards and etc. I used to make cards for my friends during secondary school times. Now, I seldom did due to lack of time. It takes time to complete an art work. Thus, I only do when I am free. After reading other people blog, I felt like putting my handmade artwork in my blog..just want to reflect my memory.. Too bad, I did not take photos of my art piece last time. I only left 2 with me..So..have a look.. "Lion" - bookmark Underwater world

My volcano

My inner volcano has exploded without notification I am unable to control this inactive volcano, it was suppressed for long times It was my fault for keeping it secretly It was also my mistake of losing control My self is completely so different that my ideal image I am an evil who is pretty much selfish My emotion is ultimately much more important than others A sin that I committed I hate it